Friday, May 4, 2012

Quiet Book

So, I finished Sophia's quiet book in time to give it to her for Easter.  Our laptop had to be repaired, or I would have posted the pictures sooner.  I know we're not supposed to be prideful, but I am very well-pleased with how it turned out, especially since I did the whole thing from scratch, by hand.  It's by no means perfect, but it works to keep Sophia entertained for small periods of time at church, which is its purpose.

Cover Page
Tassels
String
Carabiners


Counting Beads
Parachute Buckles

Snaps...
...with a hidden giraffe!
Zipper closed...
...and open!


Buttons!  (The plan is to made free-floating button holes to hide in the zipper pouch.)
Straps with velcro


Back page ... the button is to hide the stitching from the edge ties.
The edges are blanket-stitched.
Binder rings
Tie closed


 It took me a LONG time and a LOT of supplies to get this book done, and I'm glad it's finished!  (Except for the button holes.)














2 comments: