Friday, November 14, 2014

Capitol Reef

We went on a great camping trip with my parents and youngest brother the middle of October. We went to Capitol Reef National Park. I have fond memories of going there when I was younger, and I was excited to create some of those memories with my own kids. It was a bit crazy, since Samuel didn't sleep very well, and we're still working on potty training Sophia. Also, camping for me is all about suppressing the part of my brain that wants to CLEAN ALL THE THINGS! But we did have a good time. The kids were thrilled to get outside and pick up every. single. stick and rock and leaf and seed. And I think we made some awesome memories!

The beautiful campground

Walking around the campground:



There were a gazillion deer all through the orchards next to our campsite.

I can't get enough of their enormous beautiful ears!

Cuddling with Grandpa in the hammock.

We went on one "hike" into the Grand Wash. I'd say it was a partial success. Samuel was tired and had a poopy diaper on the way out, so he, of course, screamed the whole way. Sophia is still proud of the fact that she got to use a "rock potty" behind a bush off the trail. She kept asking us where the room was.

We put the kids in backpack carriers for most of the time.


But we let them get out and play a little too.






It was beautiful!


We went on a boardwalk to see some petroglyphs.


As soon as Samuel realized that there were gaps between the boards, he thought he was going to fall through. He spent the rest of the time slowly and carefully stepping over each gap. It was hilarious!!


There was a beautiful picnic area near the campground.

It had a ton of leaves to play in, and the kids loved it!





It also had some cool trees.



What a beautiful place full of God's gorgeous creations!















No comments:

Post a Comment